Do you want to grow your website engagement using the best WordPress email plugins? Or to out-play your competition and grow your business or online store?
WordPress email plugins and tools are beneficial to marketing professionals. They help in capturing subscribers. Speeds up communication with clients. And not only that, they also enable you to send promotional emails, newsletters and boost customer retention.
WordPress offers a variety of both free and paid email marketing options. So, in this post, we are going to show you the best WordPress email plugins. All based on features and budget.
Best WordPress Email Plugins and Services
Let us take a look at some of the best paid and free WordPress email plugins and tools.
ConvertKit is a lightweight full-featured email service platform. It comes with easy WordPress integration including some amazing automation and other features. Convertkit allows you to create customizable sign-up forms and landing pages. The landing pages by Convertkit makes it easier to bring in email subscribers. Even without your own website.
- Email marketing
- Unlimited anding pages
- Sell digital products & subscriptions
- Email designer
- Email sign up forms
- Free plan: At $0/month, for up to 1000 subscribers.
- Creator plan: Starts from $29/month, for up to 1,000 subscribers and scales up as your list grows.
- Creator Pro plan: Starts from $59/month, for up to 1,000 subscribers and scales up as your list grows.
Mailpoet is another powerful WordPress Email Marketing Plugin. Boasting of well over 300,000 active users. It is suitable for both startups and pro marketers.
The plug-in makes it easier to create, schedule and send marketing emails or newsletters. Without leaving your WordPress dashboard.
- WordPress email automation — welcome emails, abandoned cart recovery emails and latest post notifications.
- Easy drag-and-drop email designer and templates.
- Create and send email campaigns.
- WooCommerce store integration.
MailPoet offers a free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers. Premium plans start at 13€/month and scales as your business grows.
Equipped with a smart exit intent technology, OptinMonster is not just a popup plugin. It helps in growing your email list through high-converting popups, Coupon Wheel and optin forms.
By itself OptinMonster doesn’t directly send email or newsletters. It works by integrating with almost all popular email marketing services, including Aweber, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Hubspot, and MailPoet.
- Drag and drop form builder with over 50 templates.
- Smart exit intent technology.
- Integration with popular email marketing services, including Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Hubspot, and MailPoet.
- Lightbox and fullscreen popups, floating bars, slide-in and in-line campaigns.
- Advanced page-level targeting and behavior personalization.
Pricing for OptinMonster plans start at $9/month for the basic plan. A paid plan is required to use the plugin which is available for download in the WordPress plugin repository.
MailOptin is a flexible and powerful WordPress newsletter plugin. With Mailoptin, you can create beautiful and highly effective automated email and newsletters campaigns. All by using the powerful email template builder.
Apart from forms, MailOptin features some handy automation options. Such as the New Post Notifications feature.
- Email Automation & Newsletters
- Beautiful and Responsive Email Templates
- New Post Notifications
- Newsletter Scheduling
- Email Digest of Published Posts
- Agency plan: at $299
- Pro plan: at $199
- Standard Plan: at $79
- Pro lifetime plan: at $999
Newsletter is a lightweight freemium WordPress newsletter plugin. The plugin allows you send unlimited emails all from your WordPress dashboard.
The free version comes with handy features. Such as no subscriber restrictions, statistics and compatibility with most popular WordPress plugins.
- Drag and drop email composer.
- Single and double opt-ins and privacy checkbox for EU privacy laws compliance.
- Customizable subscription widget and forms.
- Compatible with SMTP plugins such as Mail SMTP, and Easy WP SMTP.
- Tracking and analytics data right within the WordPress admin dashboard.
Newsletter is free to download from the WordPress plugin repository. However, you need to upgrade to professional extensions. To get advanced features such as Reports, WooCommerce integration, autoresponders, and others.
You Might Like
Mailchimp is a popular all-in-one email marketing platform. It integrates with WordPress sites through third party plugins like the MC4WP plugin and others. The plugin sends all subscriber information directly to the Mailchimp account. Where most the emailing and automation is done.
MailChimp key features:
- Create and integrate subscription forms, popups and top bars.
- Integrates with other form plugins like Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms and Gravity Forms.
- Seamlessly integrates with Woocommerce stores.
- Standalone signup form and email delivery analytics.
- Free MailChimp plan of up to 2,000 subscribers.
- And an essentials plan starting at $9.99 for up to 50,000 subscribers.
- The MC4WP plugin ibericode is free to download.
And allows you to customize and use eye-catching MailChimp email templates. Like the order confirmation email. Instead of the default boring woocommerce templates.
Brevo, (formerly SendinBlue) is an easy to use Subscription Form and WP SMTP WordPress plugin.
The official Brevo plugin for WordPress is a powerful all-in-one email marketing tool. With Brevo, the wp_mail() function automatically uses Brevo’s SMTP to send transactional emails for better tracking and deliverability.
- Drag-and-drop email builder.
- Manage lists and use advanced segmentation.
- Create custom subscription forms and easily integrate them into your posts, pages or sidebars.
- Real-time analytic insights into deliverability and performance.
The Brevo plugin is free to download from the WordPress repository. However, you need to sign up for a Brevo account to use it. The free account is limited to sending 300 emails per day. But, the limit can be removed by upgrading to a paid plan, starting at $25/month.
How to choose a WordPress Email Plugin or Service
Depending on your email marketing needs. Some plugins or email marketing services may not be suitable for you. So, it’s important to consider your feature needs based on our recommendation.
For example: Convertkit and OptinMonster are good options if you need an opt-in plugin to capture and grow your email list.
And if you want the luxury of email automation, try Mailpoet, MailChimp or SendInBlue.
Lastly, I hope this recommendation list helps you pickup the best email tool for your business. Remember to experiment with different options in order to pickup the best solution.