Are you looking for a perfect way to build an online business or just a personal blog? WordPress is an Open Source top-notch Content Management System (CMS). With a vast community of passionate developers. Powering millions of websites on both their WordPress.com and WordPress.org platforms.
It allows you to build an online store or blog with no or little web development knowledge. Of course, we can’t overlook the need for a reliable webhosting for both speed and security. And for this we strongly recommend Bluehost. There are other big names such as Hostgator, Godaddy, Interserver (from as low as $5/Month forever) click here to check out their plans as well.
Why Choose Bluehost Hosting
Bluehost is one of the largest website hosting providers, powering millions of websites. And is one of the top recommended WordPress hosting by the team at WordPress.org.
The hosting architecture is well optimized specifically for WordPress. But it’s recommended to start with a Shared Hosting plan and upgrade as you grow. See their Hosting Plans here.
What You Get with Bluehost
You can host your site either on their Shared, VPS, Dedicated, and Dedicated WordPress hosting plans. However, your choice depends solely on your website needs. All their new customers are eligible for a Free domain name with SSL included on all hosting plans.
Installing WordPress On Bluehost
Bluehost, provides three ways of how you can install WordPress or any other CMS script you might prefer. This includes FTP (a bit technical), and the other two, Marketplace and My Sites, designed to make it very easy to install WordPress into the hosting root folder. So, in this guide we will focus on the last two methods. Let’s get started.
Installing WordPress with Marketplace
The Bluehost Marketplace helps you install, purchase, and manage WordPress themes, plugins, and add-Ons in your cPanel. So, the first thing to do is to log in to your Bluehost cPanel Account. If you haven’t registered yet, pause and click here to buy your hosting package. After that, come back and follow these steps;
- In your cPanel Dashboard, find the Website Section and select Install WordPress.
- Click on Install button.
- Thirdly, you will be required to choose the domain name you want to install WordPress on. And in the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank to install it into main site folder.
- Choose your site Admin Username, Email and Password. Keep in mind, these are credentials that you will use to log into your website admin area once everything is set. And as a security tip avoid using ‘Admin’ as your username. Make it unique as possible including your password.
- Read through the license and service agreement and check the box.
- Then select the Install Now button and wait for the magic to happen.
Installing WordPress with My Sites
- Log in to your Bluehost Hosting Account.
- Open the My Sites tab from the side menu on the left.
- Click on the Create Site button.
- Enter your site Name and Tagline.
- Click Next.
- Select your domain name to install to in the drop-down list.
- Choose the directory to install to and click Next.
Apart from WordPress, there are other CMS or hosted tools you can use for your site such as Weebly, Ecwid (for online stores) and Squarespace etc.
But then again, the choice is up to you. Us we strongly recommend going with WordPress and a reliable webhost like Bluehost.
I hope this article helped you learn how to install the free WordPress CMS script for your online store or personal blog.