Quick and easy guide for iPhone screen recording. This article shows you how to screen record on iPhone devices. And also how to create and capture sound on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Screen recording step by step guide for iPhone devices.
- Add Screen Record Icon To iPhone Control Centre
For quick access, you need to add the Screen Record icon to control centre, if you haven’t yet.
To do that with iOS 14 or later, go to Settings » Control Centre, then tap the green Add button that’s next to Screen Recording option.
- Start Screen Record On iPhone or iPad
To start screen recording on your iPhone:
1. Open the Control Centre on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2. Then, touch and hold the grey Record button or grey record icon and then tap Microphone.
3. Lastly, click Start Recording and wait for the three-second countdown for recording to begin.
- Stop Screen Record on iPhone or iPad
To stop screen recording, open the Control Centre, then tap the red Record button or red record icon. Or click on the red status bar at the top of your screen and tap Stop.
Once you are done recording, the recorded video gets automatically saved in the Photos app.
How to access Control Centre on your iPhone
The Control Centre on your iPhone; gives you quick shortcut access to most important apps and settings. You can use it to reduce brightness, take pictures quickly, turn on data or Wi-Fi, and a lot more other functions.
Note that, the way you open and close Control Centre depends on the type of iPhone model you have.
How to open and close Control Centre on iPhone SE, iPhone 8 and earlier
To open the Control Centre, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. And to close the Control Centre, tap the top of the screen or other wise press the Home button.
How to open and close Control Centre on iPhone X and Later
- To open the Control Centre on iPhone X and Later models, you need to swipe down from the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- And to close the Control Centre, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap the screen.
Avoid swiping down too close to the centre at the top of your screen, you may open Notification Centre instead.